Keeping Your Food Safe. It’s Serious!
In general, we tend to hear statistics on the major causes of illness, and rarely is food mentioned. Yet food poisoning is a serious issue. It hospitalizes some 128,000 Americans every year and can cause long-term health problems. That said, there are several ways to help keep your food safe. It doesn’t get much more basic than always wash your hands and utensils and the countertop you are working on at regular intervals. Remember, germs hide everyplace. Cleaning and preparing food are vital.
Is it safe inside?
- Produce labeled pre-washed, doesn’t need washing.
- Scrub firm items like melons and cucumbers with a food brush.
- Wash fruits and veggies in running water and cut away any bruised areas.
- Meat, poultry, and seafood should not be washed, to avoid spreading germs.
- Place raw meat, poultry, and seafood in sealed or leakproof plastic bags.
- Eggs are best stored in their carton and placed in main refrigerator area, not in the door.
- Obviously, wash your hands thoroughly, before and after.
You’ll know when food is safely cooked when the internal temperature gets high enough to kill germs. The only accurate way to know your food is safely cooked is by using a food thermometer.
Clearly, in your own home food safety is in your hands. What about outside your home?
Is it safe outside?
We don’t think about food safety when grocery shopping, but health experts say we should. When loading your shopping cart, its best to separate raw meat, poultry, seafood, and eggs from other foods in plastic bags. Bag your groceries in separate bags. You can learn more in-depth safety on food by visiting the CDC: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Keeping Your Lifestyle Safe and Assured at Delta Hawaii 55+ community.
Living in a safe and beautiful community reduces risk, just as with the basics of food safety. Preparing food properly and with care is the whole purpose of Delta Hawaii in design, low maintenance and low cost.
Low maintenance, low cost and beautifully designed.
Living at Delta Hawaii 55+ community offers the right combination to grow a lifestyle that suits you, and choose from a variety of home styles. Why not look into this today and assure your tomorrow! Learn more about the significant opportunities going on right now, so call us today so you don’t miss out.
875 Stoneman Avenue, Pittsburg, CA 94565 925-439-9010